Where there is an odour issue, there is blame, and this usually falls on the municipal and industrial sites. Where this occurs, odour control systems will need to be implemented. Councils must look into complaints about smells from industrial, trade and business premises that could be a ‘statutory nuisance’. For the smell to count as a statutory nuisance it must either unreasonably and substantially interfere with the use or enjoyment of a home or other premises, or injure health or be likely to injure health. In which case, an odour control system will need to be put in place.
What can cause nuisance smells?
Odour control systems needed in a number of industries, such as :
– Sewage handling facilities (including sewage treatment works, sewage pumping stations, sludge treatment centres, and storm water storage tanks)
– Recycling and Waste Sector – energy to waste recovery plants
– Food processors and factories
– Industries dealing with animals, livestock and poultry
– Slaughter houses, abattoirs and animal by-product rendering plants
– Paints and solvents from factories and industrial sites
– Agricultural practices like spreading slurry or sludge onto land.
Smells can escape from buildings by:
– Emissions from a stack or extractor
– Leaks from the building structure
– Poor ventilation systems
Odour, alongside noise, dust and humidity can cause huge issues and can companies face a huge challenge to provide high quality indoor and outdoor air through odour control systems.
At Airmatic work with specialist Odour Consultants to offer full odour control systems and suitable answers to all odour problems on these types of sites. We manufacture a large range of bespoke stainless steel ductwork, fans, filters to extract the odour in these areas.
Does any of this concern you or your company? Please contact our friendly team today to discuss your Odour Extraction requirements.